We tried a new popcorn recipe this weekend when we had a movie night and watched Valentine's Day movies and it was a HIT! Cupid's Popcorn Mix is great for a family movie night or would also work great in little bags for classroom treats!
This recipe is easy to make and tastes so yummy and the best part is you can be totally creative with what items you use in it.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup of unpopped kernals or microwave popcorn
- Chocolate melts (from the Bulk Barn) - we bought red, white and pink for Valentine's Day but you could use whatever colour you want
- Valentine’s Day colored sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day Smarties
- Parchment paper or tinfoil
- Make popcorn per your preferred method
- When popping is complete, remove from heat and spread popcorn in a single layer on parchment paper or tinfoil on a tray. Try to remove any unpopped kernels at this time.
3. While popcorn cools, melt bag of white chocolate chips/bark in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second increments until completely melted.
4. Coat popcorn with the chocolate and mix without smooshing the kernels
5. Immediately follow by decorating with Valentine’s or decorative sprinkles & smarties. You can also use cinnamon hearts, marshmallows, chocolate chips, jujubes or any Valentine's Day candies.
6. Allow 1 hour for chocolate to harden.
7. Break into pieces and store in an air tight container or baggies.
Enjoy and try and share ;)
Don't forget to download your Valentine's Day printables HERE!